7.04.2008

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

Lauren and I got trapped under a bridge in Central Park. This may or may not have been the bridge from "Home Alone 2." The moment we stepped into the park, it began to rain. We made it to the bridge and as the rain fell harder, more people showed up. However, the water started rising and I began to think this is how people on the Titanic felt.

I felt like a troll, camped out under a bridge. Getting pruny fingers. My clothing getting all damp.

We huddled together for 45 minutes until the foot of water began to recede. We met some Jews and British people. And there were some homeless guys, but they weren't very social. It was interesting. Everyone was getting really anxious and nervous, but those homeless guys were just riding it out. They were very patient and calm. I was freaking out because the water was going to ruin my purse.

Talbot's birthday was this week. We went out for dinner and drinks. I exploited her birthday to get shots for Channel One about drinking and alcohol. Mixing business with pleasure is never a good idea, especially when it involves booze.

Tonight we are having a rooftop party to watch the fireworks at Savannah's.

It's my half birthday. I feel like I should celebrate almost being another year older.

No comments: